At Mirai, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are. With our small team and collaborative environment you will find the support and motivation to grow and develop quickly and smoothly. And we are counting on your individual talent and perspective to help Mirai become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself in Zurich, the economic capital of Switzerland.
Software Engineer / IT Consultant
To be successful in this role you must be someone who:
- Is motivated, team-oriented, sociable, reliable and self-driven
- Is not afraid to try and keep learning
- Enjoys working face to face with clients and business users
- Cares about quality, is dedicated and is willing to take on responsibility
- Has a passion for data analytics and DevOps
- Embraces a solution-oriented can-do collaborative attitude
- Brings a good knowledge of Python and software development principles
Your key responsibilities:
- You work on client projects and will gain insights into cutting-edge enterprise-grade IT environments and technologies. Your focus lies on software design, implementation and code review, establishing and promoting best practices.
- We rely on your broad interest and capabilities to contribute across multiple areas such as architecture, data engineering, implementation of statistical models, DevOps and business analysis.
- You quickly expand your expertise and responsibilities as you work alongside other team members that provide you guidance and reference. Furthermore, you will be supported with trainings, courses and learnings where relevant.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Master degree or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or related fields
- Professional experience in software development
- Ability to think critically and arrive at elegant solutions to challenging problems
- Expert knowledge of Python, code modularization and packaging, unit testing
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and Cloud integrations (preferably MS Azure)
- Good communication skills, service-orientation with an agile mindset and strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with containerization
- Some experience and / or interest in the financial / insurance sector
What we offer:
- Comprehensive compensation package where you will be rewarded and recognized for the value you bring to the business and the team. The salary ranges from CHF 90’000 – 150’000. Individual salaries within this range are determined through a variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
- Option to work in the office full-time, hybrid, or consideration for additional flexibility; subject to specific client project demands.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace fostering collaboration and knowledge-sharing.
- Option to actively contribute towards selection of side-projects (proto-types, use-cases) and (open-source) community engagements.
- Excellent personal and professional development possibilities.
- Seasonal and monthly team get-togethers including summer barbecue, relay race, winter event.
- Half-fare ticket for the Swiss public transportation system.
- Workplace benefits.
Mirai Solutions is a Zurich based company founded in 2009 with a record of successful projects across the (re-)insurance and financial sectors.
We specialize in medium-scale projects around data science and analytic platforms for managing and modeling risk and other business applications.
If you are living in Switzerland or you are planning to relocate, consider yourself a fast learner and are interested to contribute in a small but strong team in a dynamic environment, please send your application (cover letter, CV, references), indicating preferred and earliest possible starting date, to:
If you have any questions about the job offer or would like to obtain more information, please contact us by email.